Posted May 25, 2021
Clogged toilet? Broken dishwasher? Water leak? Let’s face it, when these incidents happen, it’s never at a convenient time!
The good news is, as a renter, these repairs—and their accompanying costs—are often the responsibility of Macro Properties, not you. We even have an efficient and effective process for our tenants to place a service request whenever an issue arises.
Unfortunately, not every issue is brought to our attention. The problem with that is small issues have the potential of growing into larger, costly repairs. And nobody wants that!
When an issue is reported, it allows us to effectively maintain your rental property and protect our investment. For you, that means living in a building that is safe, operational, and comfortable.
At your service
We offer three ways to submit a maintenance request and both options are super easy.
- PayQuad: Our automated system called PayQuad provides our tenants with the opportunity to make service requests online. To access PayQuad, visit macro.payquad.com.
- Email: Send an email to your community’s property manager. Include as many details about the issue as possible. This will help your manager assess the severity of the problem and execute the scope of work in a timely manner. In your email, indicate that you give Macro Properties staff permission to enter your unit if you are not home.
- Phone: Call our office.
Maintenance request examples
The majority of maintenance requests we receive are typically quick fixes, such as leaky faucets, lack of warm water, and appliance issues. Each of these can be resolved in a timely manner. Some problems are more serious and time-consuming. Whether the issue is big or small, we encourage you to report it.
Here are some examples:
Response time: Immediately
- Structural issues
- Lack of heat in the winter
- Lack of hot water
- (Most) Leaks in the property
- Clogged toilet
- Smell of gas
- Lights not functioning in common areas and hallways
- Safety issues such as doors or windows that do not lock properly/missing locks
- Walkways, stairs, and driveways that require shoveling and salting after a snowstorm
Minor to moderate requests Response time: In a timely manner
- Appliances not working
- Clogged or slow shower or sink drain
- Interior light stops working (this is beyond a burnt out light bulb. This means the actual light fixture isn’t working)
- Air conditioning not working in the summer
- Large hole in the wall
We take every tenant request seriously, however, any issue involving water are extremely important to us. Small leaks, when unaddressed, can lead to wasted water down the drain and significant water damage in your unit or throughout the building. Report water issues ASAP or you may be held liable for any damage.
Maintenance during COVID
COVID-19 has put a hold on many major events and activities — maintenance, thankfully, isn’t one of them! Macro Properties continues to invest in our staff to ensure all of our buildings are maintained to industry / tenant standards. Since the start of COVID, we’ve implemented health and safety protocols for all of our staff. If anyone on our team is feeling unwell, they are advised to stay home. We also provide all staff with the appropriate PPE.
During COVID, we will do our best to accommodate your maintenance request and enter your unit when you are not home. If that’s not possible, our staff will practice social distancing. If you are in self isolation at the time of the maintenance request, please let us know so that appropriate precautions can be taken by our staff and contractors.
Do your part and report all of your maintenance needs. You’ll not only be protecting your own living space but making sure your neighbours are not impacted, too!